All About Riding Lawn Mowers. Most riding lawnmowers are machines fun to ride and extremely cool to look at. However, they are just a dream for many gardeners who can not afford one of this powerful gardening equipment. A riding mower can be a practical time-saving machine for professionals as well as for beginner or amateur landscapers. If you are one of those homeowners, lucky to maintain a large yard, it can be a good idea to invest in a riding mower.
Basics of lawn mowers
We will explain first the type of mowers on the market and then which one would fit better with your current needs. Basic riding mowers are actually those featuring rear engines. They use to come with small horsepower engines, usually mounted under the operator’s seat. These mowers have reasonable power-sized cutting blades and fit perfectly into small lawns with less than 1 acre.
The next level up is for medium horsepower riding lawnmowers; these mowers use to include their engines at the front; there can fit larger engines due to the space. They have a stronger and faster cutting capacity. Medium riding mowers provide better performance on hilly gardens and are the perfect complement for yards between 1 and 3 acres. Commercial riding lawnmowers are designed for really large yards, including sports fields, they can be extremely expensive for homeowners and won’t really provide their best performance in yards no bigger than 3 yards.
Here you can find some important points to have in mind before you decide on the most suitable model that would better fit your necessities. The final choice will depend basically on:
• The type of terrain of your mowing area as well as its size of it. And what other tasks would you like to do with your new lawnmower? It is also very important to know whether or not the area includes slopes or hilly areas. The flattest your mowing area the better performance you will get from the machine.
• It is always extremely important to select a comfortable seat, especially when you will be sitting for a long time. You will save a lot on back injuries and other common diseases related to sat jobs. There is no choice with that, it’s preferable that the mower’s seat be comfortable enough, don’t make the mistake that most do, it is worth it.
• Does the garden include trees or rocks that require a permanent change of direction during the mowing process? It’s very important to find all the finishing touches to choose between steering wheels and tires.
• There are different bagging or recycling grass options; here you have mainly mulching or to bagging. While mulching will cut the grass into fine clippings and then give it back to your lawn, providing nutrients to it, the second will just fill up a rear bag, being easier for the rider to empty and replace it with new ones.
• There are many attachments on the market to choose from. You probably just need a riding lawnmower including normal features. In addition, you can usually attach other features, like the ones to remove snow during wintertime.
All About Riding Lawn Mowers